This notice explains what information we collect, when wecollect it and how weuse this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how I/we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Aeon Property Management Ltd – Residential & Commercial Letting Agent
We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z3193648 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer is Mr G Wheeler
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to email@example.com
How we collect information from you and what information I collect
We collect information about you:
- From your application for accommodation
- From your use of the Landlord Secure Forms downloaded and completed from the Landlord Secure website (including but not limited to creating tenancy agreements, guarantor agreements, or notice).
We collect the following information about you:
- Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin, name of university or college where you are studying (if applicable), the name of friends that you are staying with (if applicable);
- Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), marital status, National Insurance Number, nationality, next of kin (if applicable);
- Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
- The employment status of tenants and/or guarantors, address, contact details (including email, phone and fax numbers) of the employer/accountant, payroll numbers, length of employment, salary information (including any regular overtime or commission), and any other income received;
- Bank account details of the tenant, including account number and sort code, and any hire purchase/loan agreements/credit cards or store cards that you have; and
- Any welfare benefits that you may be eligible for or what you are currently on.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help you to manage your tenancy;
- to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there are any money judgements against them, or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to analyse the information, we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to me/us will be treated by me as confidential /[and will be processed only by anythird party, acting on my behalf, within the UK/EEA.
We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture with or merged with a business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
- To carry out due diligence on you as a prospective tenant/ guarantor, including but not limited to the carrying out of affordability checks, due diligence checks and the obtaining of references from relevant parties, whose data you have provided;
- If you request so, your information shall be disclosed in order to determine if there are any money judgements against you, as the prospective tenant/guarantor, or to determine if they have a history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- If you are unable to make payments under your tenancy, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant; and
- In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, tenancy deposit scheme administrator, service/utility provider, freeholder, factor, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to me/ us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA. I/we may transfer your information outside the UK and/or EEA] with your permission if necessary to process your application.
Where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA, I/we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with this notice, including the following:
We will insure that if your information has to be used by a third party in another country that they have adequate safeguards/ details of appropriate security provisions in place.)
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
All digital information is stored on our computer data base and can only be accessed by an encrypted password and all our paper documentation is stored in a secure locked facility
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as
long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally
required to hold some types of information up to 6 years), or as set out in any relevant contract I have
Our full retention schedule is available at office. Please contact us for further details.
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in my records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
- object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
Information Commissioner’s Office
2nd floor, Churchill House
Churchill way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
Information Commissioner’s Office
3rd Floor, 14 Cromac Place
Belfast, BT7 2JB
Telephone: 028 9027 8757
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep your records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
Terms & conditions
Our website is the property of Aeon Property Management Ltd. By using this website, you agree that you consent to and are bound by the following terms and conditions:
The content of this website is © Aeon Property, any reproduction of part or all the contents in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following permissions:
You acknowledge Aeon Property Management Ltd as the source of the material. You must include such acknowledgement and the Aeon Property Management Ltd web address (www.aeonproperty.co.uk) in the copy of the material and must inform any third party that all the Terms and Conditions set out herewith apply to all parties and are bound by them.
This licence to re-copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work, publication, or website whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of Aeon Property’s website including but not limited to photographs, property details, and/or floorplans may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose. You may not frame this website without the express consent of Aeon Property Management Ltd. Our Aeon logo is registered in the UK and other parts of the world. Reproduction of this mark other than to view this website is prohibited.
Aeon Property Management Ltd takes all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on this website (including these terms and conditions) at any time. You must therefore check these terms and conditions for any such changes each time you visit this website.
Aeon Property Management Ltd makes no warranties or representations of any kind with respect to this website or the content contained on it, including any graphics, advertisements, text, links or any other items. Furthermore, neither Aeon Property or any other contributor to this website make any representation or gives any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either expressed or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, fitness for purpose, completeness or freedom from viruses of the content contained on this website or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free. Nothing on this website shall be regarded or taken as financial advice.
The user confirms that the terms and conditions and use of this website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and that all disputes arising therefrom shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Third Party Links
This website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins or applications which may allow third parties to collect or share your personal data. We are not responsible for their use of your personal data and cannot control it.
Aeon Property Management Ltd is committed to operating its business in a transparent and open manner consistent with our legal and regulatory obligations. We are aware that businesses are target for organised criminals seeking to launder the proceeds of criminal activity. We always seek to prevent this activity by cooperating fully with the authorities and reporting suspicious activity.
Aeon Property Management Ltd policy commitment is applicable to all our customers including, landlords and tenants. As a result, we obtain and may hold for a period of at least six years evidence pertaining to our customers’ identity and, we are required to obtain proof of ownership of property and source/destination of funds. We will be unable to proceed with any work on behalf of our customers if we are unable to obtain this information. Customers’ identity will be subject to an identity check, which may also include a credit check.
In accordance with the HM Revenue & Customs for compliance with the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017.
Aeon Property Management Ltd take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this website and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, we do not accept any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it).
If any part of our terms and conditions is deemed to be unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
These terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed exclusively by English law.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Aeon Property Management Ltdis registered in England and Wales (registered number 7983558). Our registered office is at Registered Office: 4a Roman Road, East Ham, London, E6 3RX